Monday, March 11, 2013

Kevin Bright

I am going to take a short detour from my series on the Gold Bombers to feature Kevin Bright. I am doing this because Kevin has made repeated requests to appear in the blog, and usually I wouldn't oblige considering how much we already do for the players, but this case is different. Kevin is one of my favorite players to have been through the program in my time here. Other than Chris Meriwether and Brad Tinsley, I'm not sure any player has been as universally liked by everyone in the program as Kevin has. It is impossible to dislike that guy, really truly, and I can usually find faults in most people but there just really aren't any with Kevin.

Kevin rarely gets clowned on in the locker room because everybody just likes him. The only thing he gets made fun of for is his German accent and that doesn't even count. The thing about Kevin that I really like is that he treats everybody in the program in the same way. He treats the managers with the same respect he gives the coaches and everyone in between. I don't think he has a bad bone in his body, and I also like Kevin because of his unwavering faith in my jumpshot. While some players may not have faith in my ability to win a shooting contest, Kevin always has the faith I will pull through and last week I was on fire for him. I completely rewarded his confidence.

Kevin is also an incredibly hard worker, he works on his shot after practice all the time and shoots every shot at game speed. He is always very focused when he works out, he doesn't just do it for the sake of doing it, he wants to get a lot out of it, and he has because he's the best shooter on our team. It also helps that he isn't afraid to make a big shot. In addition to his shooting ability, Kevin is always tasked with guarding the other team's top scorer and along with Dai-Jon Parker is our best perimeter defender. He uses his size and length to really frustrate opposing players and make them work for everything they get, which isn't an easy role to take on as a freshman.

Kevin and I have also bonded over ping-pong. Our all-time series is something like 12-2 in favor of Kevin with a few close losses on my part, but it is still fun to trash talk him. He always wants to play but then when it comes time to play Kev tends to disappear. I'm not sure why, but he is still scared to play me, he just won't admit it at this point. Just say you're scared Kev. Just say it.

I can't even think of anything else to say about Kevin without repeating myself. So I'm going to end by saying, Kev that last haircut you got needs to never happen again. That was a bad cut bro, sorry to say but as an expert on all things hair, I just can't approve a cut like that. Other than that though, keep being yourself cause you're a great dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment